- B.S., Mathematics, University of New Orleans, 1977
- M.S., Computer Science, Florida State University, 1979.
Thesis: "Imprecise Decision Tables and Their Optimization." Advisor: Abraham Kandel
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Florida State University, 1981.
Dissertation: "Decomposition of Fuzzy Switching Functions." Advisor: Abraham Kandel
- Berg, Tamara, Francioni, Joan and Hatfield, Susan,
"Outcomes of Engaged Education: Research to Support Engaged Teaching and Learning,"
as Poster presentation at Imagining America Conference, New Orleans, LA, October 2009.
- Zhang, Mingrui, Olson, Scott, Francioni, Joan et al,
"Integrating R Models with Web Technologies,"
in Proceedings of 2009 Institute for the Systems and Technologies of Information,
Control and Communications Conference, Portugal, Spain, January 2009.
- Zhang, M., Lundak, E., Lin, C., Gegg-Harrison, T., and Francioni, J.,
"Interdisciplinary Application Tracks in an Undergraduate Computer Science Curriculum,"
in Proceedings of the 38th SIGCSE Technical Conference on Computer Science Education,
Covington, Kentucky, pp. 425-29, March 2007.
Berg, Tamara, Francioni, Joan, and Smith, Ann,
"Insights and Implications: New Orleans in the Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina,"
chapter in special edition of the Handbook on Service Learning in
Women's Studies and the Disciplines, Institute for Teaching and Research on Women (ITROW),
Edited by Karen Dugger, 2008.
- Lin, Chi-Cheng, Francioni, Joan M.,
"Accessible Student-Directed Animations of Computer Organization Concepts,"
in Proceedings of Object Oriented Programming Languages, Vancouver, CA, January 2005.
- Francioni, Joan M., Smith, Ann C., Anwar, Mohd, Cook, Justin S., Hossain, Asif, and Rahman, Mohammed,
"Nonvisual Tool for Navigating the Hierarchical Structure of Programs,"
in Proceedings of Assets 2004, October 2004.
- Francioni, Joan M., “A Conference’s Impact on Undergraduate Female Students,”
in SIGCSE Bulletin inroads, Special Issue on Women and Computing, Vol. 34 (2), June 2002.
(pdf version )
- Francioni, Joan M. and Smith, Ann C., "Computer Science Accessibility for Students
with Visual Disabilities," in proceedings of the
33rd SIGCSE Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education,
Northern Kentucky, February 2002, pp. 91-95.
- Smith, Ann C., Francioni, Joan M., and Matzek, Sam D., "A Java Programming
Tool for Students with Visual Disabilities," in proceedings of
Assets 2000 ,
Washington D.C., November 2000.
- Francioni, Joan M., "Supporting Students with Disabilities as Computer Science Majors,"
Computing Research News , March 1, 1998.
- Pancake, Cherri M. and Francioni, Joan M.,
"High Performance Debugging Standards Effort,"
in Scientific Computing,2000.
Earlier version available at
- Francioni, Joan M., "Debugging and Performance Analysis Tools,"
in Debugging and Performance Tuning for Parallel Computing Systems,
IEEE Computer Press, October 1996.
- Damodaran-Kamal, Suresh K. and Francioni, Joan M.,
"mdb: A Semantic Race Detection Tool for PVM,"
in the proceedings of the 1994 Scalable High Performance Computing Conference,
Knoxville, Tenn., May 1994.
- Francioni, Joan M. and Jackson, Jay Alan,
"Breaking the Silence: Auralization of Parallel Program Behavior,"
in Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, June 1993.
- Langholz, Gideon, Francioni, Joan M., and Kandel, Abraham,
Elements of Computer Organization, Prentice Hall Publishing Co.,
New Jersey, February 1989.